Can I create a Zoom account as a student and which email should I use?
Can I get Zoom on my mobile device?
How do I install Zoom on my personal laptop (Mac or Windows)?
How do I join a meeting?
Can I mute/unmute my audio and video in Zoom?
How do I share my screen as a student?
You can only do this if screen sharing has been enabled by your lecturer. If enabled, you can share your screen the following way:
How do I use the Zoom chat in a meeting to ask a question or contribute?
How do I raise my hand in a Zoom lecture or webinar?
As a student, can I use the whiteboard/annotate function in my breakout room?
Zoom FAQs for students
See the quick help guide, which address some frequently asked questions, in the document below:
Student tips for participating in online learning
Student Zoom participation etiquette
Think of a Zoom meeting as a face-to-face meeting and conduct yourself as you would if you were all present in the same room. In addition, there are some useful tips below you should observe to help ensure the meeting runs smoothly for all involved:
- Join early or on time – up to 5 minutes before the meeting start time.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before click the link to download Zoom prior to the day of the meeting and familiarise yourself with any features you may need to use on the day – mute/unmute microphone, stop/start video, screen share etc.
- Have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues.
- Find a quiet space where you will not be disturbed by background noise.
- Have a plain background. Avoid backlight from bright windows. Have good lighting on your face so you can be seen clearly.
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible. Take note of the angle of your laptop screen if using the built-in camera.
- Mute your microphone when not talking.
- Try to avoid talking over / at the same time as other participants.
- Be aware you are on camera and try to avoid doing other tasks, checking emails, looking at your phone etc.
- Use the participant's option to select 'raise hand' if you want to catch presenter’s attention.
- If the presenter has made the chat available, ask respectful and appropriate questions through this.
Does Zoom have hotkeys and keyboard shortcuts?
If you have any issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk via
- E-mail: email@example.com or
- Phone: +64 463 5050